Be Careful to Not Allow Easy Access to your Home
The following make it effortless for intruders to hide around or get into your house:
- Overgrown landscaping close to your home provides a hiding place for intruders and also assists in climbing to windows.
- Leaving doors or windows unlocked that lead into your home.
- Having unlocked garage or shed doors on your property that provide access to tools that could assist intruders in getting into your home.
Make sure all trees and bushes are trimmed back and are not covering any windows. There should be dead bolt locks on all the doors and any doors or windows that are less secure for any reason should be repaired as soon as possible.
Other home security tips:
- Vacant homes are a much easier target than occupied ones.
- Predictability can help a criminal guess when you will or won't be at home.
- Easy entry for you can be easy entry for a criminal.
- No outdoor lighting can save you on energy bills, but it can make your home a very attractive target.
- Valuable items in view are like a display window at a store to a would-be thief.
- Additional tips for helping to keep your house secure from intrusion.